How to turn your Civicly site into a bilingual site
With Civicly, you can add human-translation to any of your site's content.
With the Translation Feature you can translate the following content:
1) Projects including the About section.
Only users with access to Translator role and account can translate content. If you don't have a Translator account and would like to get one, simply send us an email and we'll configure on for you.
Staff in your organization can notify you that a new content has been updated by setting the Moderation State of the Content to Needs Review.
Step 1: Make sure that you have a Translator Role and Permissions.
1) If you're not sure what role you have, simply send us an email and we'll let you know.
Step 2: Navigate to your Dashboard
1) You can access your Dashboard by clicking on the My Account button in the main menu.
Step 3: Find content to translate
You can find and access content requiring translation by navigating to:
1) Surveys Translation Status list: Shows surveys requiring translation.
2) All Recent Content list: Shows "recently" added content.
3) My Draft or Needs Review buttons: Shows your Draft content and content flagged as needing review.
4) My Edits: Shows content that you have edited.
5) All other Content: All other content can also be accessed by clicking on any of the tabs located at the top of the main content section. For example, you can access all events by clicking on the Events Tab or Surveys by clicking on the Survey Tab.
Step 4: Add translation to content
Depending on how you access the content, you will either need to click on Edit and the Translate Tab. You will be redirected to a Page with a Table showing the Original English Content. Content that has not been translated will have a Not Translated value in the Status column.
Click on Add link in the Operation column to Add a new translation to this content.
Step 5: Translating content
1) Edit all of the fields needing translation.
2) Change the Moderation State: You can change the Moderation State to Publish (if you want to publish the translation immediately) or set it on Draft to come back to it later.
3) Click Enregistrer to Save the changes and exit the edit form page.
Voilà! Your content is now translated into French.
Your newly translated content should now appear on the French version of your site. To check the results and make sure that your content is displaying correctly (the way you want), simply navigate to the content's page and click on Français in the main menu at the top of the page. You should now see the French version of your content.
Reach out at any time: firstname.lastname@example.org